2014 Demo Reel:
Scott Guy is a Toronto artist. In June 2003 working as a research assistant at Alias Wavefront, a Toronto 3D Software company Scott presented his first animated short film. It was at the Om summer solstice festival, now known as ORP Solstice. Every year since then he has been there improving his experimental Live Video Art installations and working with the ORP community and fellow artists as an entertainment coordinator, co-creating this very special local festival experience.
“As a kid I was always interested in cartoon drawing, painting, model making and the setting up and of course destroying of intricate sceneries” – said Scott about his young art life. He became interested in film and specially visual effects later on in his youth after a few years playing in a band and avoiding High School.
Studying VFX and 3D design as a young man in 2001 2002 he learned the foundation of his skills he now uses as a content creator and visual installation designer.
In 2003 Scott had his first gig showing a looping 10 min short on VHS at Om Fest’s main music stage for the performance of band Canal. At that event Scott met and was quickly recruited by Toronto Psytrance promoters Black Light Activists (BLA). Since that time he has taken the stage name Vj Guy and performed his special brand of live visuals hundreds of times. He has presented installations in some of the most prestigious public and private venues around Toronto like Casa Loma and Dundas Square. However his true VJ form was forged in the underground music and arts scene around Ontario. Performing with groups like The Black Light Activists, Shakti Collective and Alien inFlux Harvest Fest. He is known for setting up custom screen installations in any environment and performing beautiful themed visual journeys filled with nature, aerial photography, space flight, digital simulations, geometry, visionary arts and deep zooming fractals.
Scott is an experienced performer and technician so Vj Guy is able to meet and exceed the challenges of any event size, style or format. Working as a show technician for many years he has a deep knowledge of staging set ups and video projection technology. Also an experienced video game and interactive software professional for over 10 years.
He now specializes in 3D Video Mapping of custom surfaces, Large Format Architectural Projections, 360 Projection rooms and Domes, and other exciting visual installations for all kinds of public and private entertainment clients around Canada and abroad.
Vj Guy is proud to create visuals for a range of clients from the high end to the underground. This is a small sample of happy customers over the years,
Some of my bigger projects and repeat business :
- Don Good Tequila (Blue Hour Tequila events Digital Adverts and Projection Mapping)
- Casa Loma EMD (projection mapping designs)
- ORP Solstice Festival (11 years Visuals Installation Design & Entertainment Coordinator)
- Stella Artois (Projection Mapping for Grip Media),
- South Asian Heritage Festival (Live Video Feeds and VJ @ Young and Dundas Square),
- Energizer Battery Night race events in 3 cities across Canada in partnership with Cirqlar events,
- OM summer solstice festival (2003 2004 BLA Stage, Interactive Installations)
- Shakti Collective events (Regular Vj over 10 years),
- Alien Influx (Harvest Festival 7 years contributor)
- Zero Gravity Circus (International Circus festival, Lunacy Cabaret + Video Editing),
- MUZIK nightclub Toronto (Resident VJ every Saturday for 8 months),
- Black Light Activists (Regular VJ for many Moons at the Legendary Toronto Psy events),
- Lunacy Cabaret (Theatrical Projection Mapping designs)
- Deep Sea Fish (Psychedelic Trance Events)
- Canal (Live Touring Visuals),
- Eloko (Trance Nights)
- Samhadi Festival (3 days Quebec)
- RUS Productions (Annual Russian holiday parties)
- TMK Productions (Night Boutique fashion shows, Live motions graphics and camera broadcast)
- Carnival Electro (Original Chrildrens Production, live and virtual characters by Dan Nimmo and Scott Guy )
- PRG (Shop technician)& more.
Shared the stage with artists like : Sensient, Vibrasphere, Tegma, MOS, Tetraktas, Perfect Stranger, Penta, FM Radio Gods, Medieval Pundits, State of Bangal, Marcus Visionary, Capitol J, Dj Spins , Dj Marty Mc Fly, Dj Force, Darren Styles & many more .
Projection Mapping for OZMOZIS events
Daydream Productions - Heart Of Gold series
Future Party Space Viewport
Don Good Tequila
Daydream Productions - Heart Of Gold seriesHeart of Gold has been an annual series of AAA class hardcore old school style raves at Toronto's Opera House Concert venue. VJ Guy has been providing fantastic 3D projection mapped stage installations around the events hardcore headliner Djs for several years in a row now. Daydream Productions continues to be one of our Vj Guys top clients.
Future Party Space ViewportProjection mapped space ship windows